The directions for this hop were: “Post a statement of writerly goals for the year 2015”
But what do I want?
I want to make more money with my writing. Is that a bad goal to have? Or just to voice? I don’t know. But I’ve put off getting a “day job” as long as possible, and writing honestly doesn’t pay enough for me to stay home now that my kids are in school all day. If it were possible for me to make more money writing, I would be super happy. That’s not likely to happen, so maybe it’s not a “goal” per-se, but more a dream…
Anyway. Concrete goals for 2015:
- Publish two novels (not as crazy as it sounds since one is already set to come out in February. So really this should be “finish one WIP and publish.”)
- Publish one novella (or “finish 2nd WIP,” which is actually pretty far along. Almost half done, I’d say.)
- Build mailing list.
- Analyze sales with Dreamspinner vs. Self pub to see which is better. Possibly try to sell one story instead of self-publishing it this year?
- Participate in at least four flash fiction blog hops to build up free fic on this blog!
- Join RWA (I’m thinking of going to an RWA conference instead of GayRomLit this year, to see what it’s like.)
- Make one novel (or the long novella) a contemporary Romance with no paranormal and a more typical Romance plot.
- Get better about asking for reviews, and get over wanting to read them! 🙂
- Continue to develop secondary pen name (I’ve been writing Erotica under another name… and having a great time with it!)
If I accomplish half of that list I’ll be pretty happy. How about you? What are your goals this year? How did you do last year?
This is a blog hop!
Check out the other participating bloggers: