1. Christmas music is already being played on my local radio station.
2. The basswood tree in my backyard turned from all green to mostly yellow, literally overnight. (Most of the other trees are already fully turned, some are even bare.)
3. I had to put away my summer clothes and pull out my winter ones.
4. Haven’t been able to wear flip-flops in four days. (Well, not outside anyway.)
5. My heat is on full-time now.
You know it’s chilly when we decide to do a daytime fire-pit. This is the almost all yellow tree. (My husband didn’t want to be in the picture, so I blocked his face)
Yes, winter is coming!
I actually love winter, and I really LOVE fall. I love raking leaves, love the crisp air, love wearing sweaters. I can’t understand people who live in climates where there is little or no change of season, like Florida. How do you celebrate the year? The constant reminder of time’s passage seems essential to me.
Am I alone in this? Does anyone else feel a thrill at the impending harshness of winter? Does anyone else secretly love shoveling snow? Or am I just crazy?